Principal to Director Dr. Ruth Cummings-Hypolite
The Department of Early Childhood is committed to providing the 3- and 4-year old children, who are Jersey City residents, with developmentally appropriate preschool experiences. Our mission is to:
- Provide a learning environment that will help children develop intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Include education on health, nutrition, and social and emotional well being into a daily program of varied activities.
- Enhance children’s feelings of self-worth and appreciation of their own and other’s ethnicity, cultures, and languages.
- Develop social competence by providing opportunities for children to make decisions and solve problems during their school day.
- Ease the transition of children into primary grades by providing appropriate early childhood experiences.
We contract with childcare centers throughout Jersey City to provide classes for most of our three year olds, and the majority of our four year olds attend classes in the Jersey City Board of Education schools. All classes are small—no more than 15 children—and are staffed with certified Early Childhood professionals and paraprofessionals. We do provide breakfast and lunch for our Preschool students.
If you have questions about our Early Childhood Preschool program, contact our office by phoning us at 201-915-6045.
|Get to Know Your Preschool Program Brochure||Pre-K Dual Language Program Guidelines|
|Pre-K Registration Information- English||Dual Language Program Brochure 2017-18|
|Arabic Hindi Haitian/Creole
Gujarti Spanish Tagalog
Urdu Vietnamese Punjabi
|Dual Language Application - English & Spanish||Sibling Preference Application - 2017-18|
|English Arabic Spanish|