Mrs. Celeste Williams, MPA, Chief of Talent
Mr. Gary Murphy, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Affirmative Action Officer
Welcome to the website for the Human Resources Department of the Jersey City Public Schools. Our mission is to recruit, select and retain teachers, school leaders, and support staff who Envision Excellence and Equity Everywhere so that the children of Jersey City receive high-quality educational experiences in settings that are safe, clean, and comfortable.
Our website has been structured to provide helpful information for both job candidates and current employees. Specifically, you will find:
- Listings of immediate and future job openings for teachers, school leaders, and support staff, including links to our online application system.
- Details about the many benefits offered to employees of the Jersey City Public Schools, including:
- Health, dental, and prescription coverage
- Participation in the NJ Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Forms commonly used by school district employees.
- Our district’s Employee Handbook.
- Links to state agencies that address employment issues for school staff:
- New Jersey Department of Education—certification guidelines
- New Jersey Civil Service Commission
- Information from the Affirmative Action Officer and Affirmative Action Team.
- Copies of the district’s collective bargaining agreements.
- A directory for the Human Resources Department—meet our department staff and see each individual’s contact information and job duties.
Whether you are already on board as an employee of the Jersey City Public Schools or are exploring to see if joining our team is the right move for you, the Human Resources Department is here to assist you every step of the way.