For Students New To United States

Multilingual Intake Center
Middle School 7
201-420-5247 and 201-418-7601
If your child comes from a home whose primary language is other than English and/or has recently arrived from a foreign country, you and your child are required to register through our Multilingual Intake Center. At the Center, your child's language will be assessed and transcript will be evaluated. This initial assessment is the first step in order to place your child appropriately during the registration process at your home school. 
Students who are New to the United States: If you are registering a child who speaks a language other than English or who has moved to the US from another country, you must first go to the Multilingual Intake Center (even if the child is an English speaker), so that your child can be appropriately placed in their home school. See this information sheet about the hours of operation, what you need to bring with you and who must go to the Multilingual Intake Center to start the registration process.
Please click on the link below to access the flyer to the Multilingual Intake Center to make an appointment to complete your child's registration. 
Where to go:
Parents may register students at their assigned school Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. For more info, click here. To find your assigned school, call 201-915-6111 or 201-915-6201.
For more information on High School Registration, call the Secondary Division, at 201-413-6934
Learn more about our Dual Language Program for children entering Pre-K, K or Gr. 1
To save time, print out the Registration Form and the Health History Registration Form before you go.
Registration Form  Health History Registration Form
For local school information call:
EARLY CHILDHOOD - 201-915-6045
HIGH SCHOOLS - 201-413-6934
ADULT EDUCATION - 201-915-6227
To register your child for school, click on your child's school level below.
Open Enrollment: Students are expected to attend the school for which they are assigned. Assignments are based on a student's home address. Parents may request permission to enroll their child at a different school if there are compelling reasons to do so.
Parents interested in obtaining such permission must complete an Open Enrollment Form and submit it to the appropriate Division Director.
The District considers each requests in terms of the rationale for the request, the availability of space at the requested school and the impact such a request might have on students or schools.