Director: Early Childhood Department
The online PreK registration link will return live this Saturday, September 18, 2021
PRE-K IS NOW ON INSTAGRAM
JERSEY CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS EARLY CHILDHOOD DEPARTMENT
Follow us @jerseycitypublicschoolsprek
inquiries to the Early Childhood Department, should be emailed to:
- Provide a learning environment that will help children develop intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Include education on health, nutrition, and social and emotional well-being into a daily program of varied activities.
- Enhance children’s feelings of self-worth and appreciation of their own and other’s ethnicity, cultures, and languages.
- Develop social competence by providing opportunities for children to make decisions and solve problems during their school day.
- Ease the transition of children into primary grades by providing appropriate early childhood experiences.