Health & Physical Education
Our curriculum provides a standards based, contemporary curriculum that guides instruction in K-12 classrooms. The curriculum promotes an active, healthy lifestyle and provides opportunities in CPR in grade 11, Driver Education in grade 11, Medical Careers in grades 9-12 and Swimming in grades 4-12.
- Mandatory Health & Physical Education classes needed for graduation
- Mandatory CPR instruction in the 11th grade
- Elective Medical Careers and Medical Law courses at Dickinson High School in grades 9-12
- (SLC Courses)
- CPR Instruction-Required during 11th grade. Guided by the American Red Cross curriculum
- Driver Permit Test-Offered in the 11th grade, allows students to get their driver’s permit from Motor vehicle and begin the process to obtain a NJ Driver’s License
- Electives in Medical Careers are offered as Small Learning Communities Courses at Dickinson HS
Department of Education-Health & Physical Education Website
NJ Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
NJAHPERD is dedicated to advancing quality health education, physical education, recreation, dance education, and athletics through professional development, programming, advocacy, and collegial exchange. The Association promotes responsibility and development of healthy active lifestyles for New Jersey’s students, educators and community members.
Society of Health and Physical Educators
A nation where all children are prepared to lead healthy, physically active lives.
To advance professional practice and promote research related to health and physical education, physical activity, dance and sport.